Although it may also happen on other versions of Windows, it seems that Windows 7 is the most vulnerable one to Error 43. This is the error Windows users receive when one of the devices attached to their system stops functioning properly, possibly due to driver issues. Unfortunately, it may also trigger other errors. However, it is of utmost importance to keep in mind that error code 43 mainly shows up due to some problems with the computer hardware.
For those of you who are not so familiar about driver, it is a program that is meant to control the corresponding hardware. Driver usually comes along with the hardware you buy. Without a driver, your computer hardware won’t be able to function properly. So, when Windows detects something that seems wrong with the hardware, it will raise error code 43.
Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)
So what you can do about this problem!
To solve the error, you may have to install the damaged the drivers all over again.
- To do this, you can click on Start followed by Run and then type sysdm.cpl before clicking on the OK button.
- Then, navigate to the Hardware tab System Properties and click on the button that says Device Manager.
- Double Click on the Device Type
- Here, you will have to choose and double-click on the troublesome device from the list.
- This will open up the device’s Properties dialog box. Click on Uninstall and wait for the process to finish.
- Then, you need to select scan for hardware changes which will lunch the Add Hardware wizard now reinstall or prompt yours device driver again.
Reconnect or Remove Yours Hardware Devices
Yet, if that does not work, you may need to open up the case of your computer. This way, you will be able to unplug the device from your system. However, of course, you will have to turn off your computer and make sure that it is not connected to the power outlets at all prior to opening up the case. Then, when you have physically unplugged the device, try plugging it back in and make sure it is not loose. This may trick Windows into considering that you have just attached a new device and it may then install a fresh driver for the device.
Clean your Registry
If that still does not work, you may have to do something about your registry. For your information, it is the registry that stores all information and settings with regards to your Windows operating system. So, there is a potential that error code 43 you are encountering is due to some false information in the registry. To fix it, you may need to download and install a registry cleaner that will solve your problem automatically. Fortunately, you can find loads of them on the internet today.
Still have problems? It’s recommended to run best registry cleaner to fix and speed your PC!
- error 43
- code 43 fix
- code 43 error
- code 43 windows 7 fix
- error code 43
- error 43 windows 7
- how to fix error 43 in windows 7
- Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems (Code 43) Windows 7
- how to fix code 43
- code 43 error windows 7