To those of you who often need to work and present your work with a laptop, you will find that the easy external view explained in this article pretty helpful. Moreover, there is a pretty good chance that you may have come across quite a few levels of difficulties configuring your laptop to work properly with external views. No matter whether you are trying to configure your laptop to work with a VGA, HDMI or DVI output, you may have always wished that things are a lot easier. Well, your wish is granted.
If the version of Windows you are running on your laptop is Windows 7, you only need to hit Windows key along with the P key. You will then be given 4 options which are computer only, duplicate, extend and projector only. In this case, you are least likely to choose computer only as you are about to use an external view.
So, duplicate is the first likely option. Choosing this option will share the very same screen between your laptop and the external view you have connected.
The next option is extend. If you choose extend, what you will get is somewhat similar to multiple monitor outputs. You will have different screen on different views. On one view, you will get the main desktop screen while on the other one, you will get the extended or stretched part of the desktop which is totally different from the main screen.
The last option is projector only. If this is what you choose, you won’t be able to see a thing on your laptop. Everything will be displayed using your external view. The only drawback that may well happen in this case is the degraded resolution as most projectors may not support the resolution you have set on your laptop.
Still have problems? It’s recommended to run best registry cleaner to fix and speed your PC!
- computer only duplicate extend projector only
- computer only duplicate extend
- duplicate extend projector only
- difference between computer only duplicate extend and projetors only
- difference between extending and duplicating projector
- iam working on excel and when i press the f4 key it shows computer only duplicate extend projector only
- laptop computer only duplicate extend projector only
- laptop connected to projector won\t duplicate only extends
- p key computer only duplicate